Friday, July 21, 2006

Careful on what u wish for...

On and off, we tend to wish things to happened and these wishes should not be made too casually or else, you may not be able to handle its consequences.

This happens to a friend of mine sometime ago which teaches us a lesson or two after that.

It was a chill nite by the sea where a few of us were hanging out with some drinks by the sea bay in town.

As we were talking, our topics of conversation drifted to women and jobs. My friends were talking about they problems with jobs and also with their other halves be it girlfriend or their wives.

"I just wish I got a a slim and pretty lady for a wife" a friend of mine wished.

I cautioned him that such things could not be made a joking matter and moreover, in such places. He throws caution to the wind and says its nothing and continued his words. Complaining that his wife nagged him alot and he felt stress and so on.

At that point of time, we were listening to his usual grouses and my eyes were wandering around the beach line hoping to see something "unnatural". Somehow, a blur shadow caught my eyes and I signal my friend to stop but he did not understand me.

The shadow was standing at it's original places for quite a long time and I've too been watching it observing it for quite some time. Partially listening to my friends grouses of their lives, I was thinking what is that and what has it encountered.

However, those questions did not find their matching answers and before long, I returned to the conversation actively and we're now talking about cars.

The night is quite late and we decided to end the gathering to go back to rest. We then returned to our own cars and drove back to our respective homes.

On the way back to my home, that particular friend who made a wish called me up for help as his car was stalled halfway and it wasn't far from where I was now. So I turned back and head to him to help him as I do not wish for a friend to be stranded in the middle of the night. As I reach, I saw his car with the double signal light of the car blinking by the side of the road. I park my car by the other side of the road and proceed to where he was. He was quite relieve to see me and tells me what had happened to his car.

The two of us then check on the engine for clue of any malfunctioning parts. Suddenly, we heard the car door slammed and our normal reaction is to check on who entered the car. But then, There was no one. My friend check on his car and find nothing wrong or missing. It was weird. I had a bad feeling.

As we do not finds obvious clue which might indicate a faulty part, so I suggested him calling a tow car after two previous failed attempt to restart the car. Somehow, he wanted to try again. Well, I let him so.

Surprisingly, the car did start and it seems like nothing has happened before and everything work well. We were puzzled.

"How would this happened?" I wondered.

Anyway, as I was too tired to dwell on this matter, I just forget about it and bade my friend farewell while i return to my car. My friend drove on and I too drove away from the spot.

Everything was normal and I did not feel anything strange until the second day where I saw my friend again. He looks tired and listless and his eyebag are really black.

To be continued.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home