Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Walking Beds

My mum used to sells those hotels bar soups during my teens and I would often help my uncle to deliver them to some rural district sometimes.

As we had quite a tight schedule that day delivering soaps from JB all the way to Kota Tinggi (KT).

Weh we reach KT, it was quite late and we decided to spend a nite there at one of the hotel in KT which we delivered the soaps too. As we were too tired, we slept once we landed on the bed.

The room is arranged such in a way that the two parallel single bed actually against the walls and a telephone table was in the middle which stands a table lamp. The opposite wall is the TV and a rack with a dressing rooms. Overall is quite cosy minus the creaking sounds from the lousy bed frame...

Well, when we were sleeping, we heard some "knock, knock, knock, knock"... Due to the fatigue after a tiring day, we ignored it. And continue to sleep...

After a while, "knock, knock, knock, knock". This time, out of frustrations, my uncle went to the door to check who it is as the door do no have the peekhole. To his surprise, there's no one at the door. And he went to sleep.

After a few while, "knock, knock, knock, knock" comes again. this time, I'm gonna get the farker who is playing a fool on us.I took a few hanger and bind it together with a face towel and return to sleep ignoring the knocking just now.

After a few while "knock, knock, knock, knock", we then springs from our beds and open the door ready to pounds on anyone who disturbs our much needed sleeps. Again, no one at the door despites that...

So, we again went back to sleep again. After a few moments, again we heard "knock, knock, knock, knock". Argghh... We give up, we went to sleep and ignored the sound and continue our sleep. As far as I know, the sound goes on and off in a few interval thru the morning I guess....

I was sleeping soundly until my uncle woke me up in a panicky tone and when I open my eyes, his face tells me that something has shocked him so much and he has fears in his eyes. I tot something terrible happen thus springs up and asked wat happen, all he told me was to hurry up and leave.

Thus we left the room without washing our face or a bath. I took one last glance at the room coz of curiousity n stored the layout in my brain with that quick glanced...

When we was back in the car, driving to a nearby coffeeshop to wash up and have breakfast, I was still wondering abt the layout of the hotel room just now.

I asked my uncle wat happen that shocked him so much.

"The bed... It moves." He said in a fearful tone.

There, it was confimed of wat I was wondering just now in the car before bfast.

Wat happen is that the dressing table, and the TV rack has change place and they are at the location where the bed my uncle slept used to be last nite. while my uncle's bed was moved to another spot where it faces the windows...

After that, my uncle swears not to go to that hotel again. But went back after a few years...

THE END.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home